Tuesday, December 05, 2006

You guys are all crazy.

I admire my brother David, for asking for no Christmas presents, and my sister Jane, for her bright intelligence. I admire my Dad for his uncomplaining nature, and my Mom for her diligence in all she does. I admire Mark for his ability to relate to everyone. I admire Adrienne for her sense of humor, and Caroline for her un-12-year-old-like depth of wisdom.

I pray this prayer for all of you...

That out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you by his Sp iritin your inner being that Christ may dwell in you heart through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have the grace to know the height and depth and length and width of the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses all knowledge that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Christ's love grows deeper in us when we see our sin more clearly, and when our need becomes therefore more apparent. This is when the name of Jesus becomes sweet to us, because we cast off hope in some other salvation.

You are a nice family.

2 Comments:

Blogger Juanis Chanis said...

thank you.

10:29 AM

 
Blogger bentley said...

My favorite personal prayer. That Paul guy certainly had a way with words.

8:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home