Friday, January 12, 2007

I am trying to learn Spanish.

Do you know that every single member of my Spanish (including, unexpectedly, my sister-in-law) speaks flawless Spanish? Seriously, they all speak like natives.

Why don't I?

I am not really sure. I always used to think it was because of some lack of talent on my part. You know how people say "I'm not good at math," or "I'm not good at sports." Well, I always said "I'm not good at languages." Which may very well be true, except that it would make me the genetic anomaly in our family. And after all there was a time when I spoke fairly decent Spanish. I once translated for a girl with kidney stones at a Mexican hospital and comported myself quite well.

But I want to grasp the language. I think it would make my own language richer. And I want to learn other languages.

There is so much I want to learn! I want to learn Calculus, and higher level math. Really badly. Why can I not know more? I need greater self-discipline, I think.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marco Aurelio said...

I think thats a great idea. Good luck and I'm sure you'll do grreat just like everything else.

1:31 PM

 
Blogger sonrisa said...

Self discipline is always a plus, but puting yourself in another country where you are forced to use it becuase no one speaks English always helps! I have a great family in Spain that would love to take you in if you ever want the opportunity in España. :)
I know how it feels to want to know more and understand more and feel like you don't get it. Although I know you will succeed because like Marco said, "you'll do great just like everything else." :)
Hey- we have some mail for you here.

9:02 PM

 
Blogger Juanis Chanis said...

hehe. you have an awesome accent. which is like 90 percent of the battle anyways.

2:53 PM

 
Blogger yencita said...

ey! pasame de ti ingles y te paso de mi español porque yo estoy tratando de aprender Ingles jeje... Saludos! bye

8:59 PM

 
Blogger Juanis Chanis said...

more posts please.

10:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home