Tuesday, August 18, 2009

In reply to a comment

I should say that the first person I am trying to convict in all my posts is myself, and that most of them are driven out of a frustration with what I see in myself.

I wrote only one (serious) poem in my whole life, and it wasn't very good, since Jane laughed at it, but it did contain the following line:

If there is any conviction tonight, let me be the first

As you can see even from this small example, not a great poem. But the sentiment is that in my writing I am trying to inspire first myself. These blog posts should be seen in that light, as public airings of the thoughts that percolate as go about the business of life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Juanis Chanis said...

i'm sure i didn't laugh at it. i might have chortled a little. or sneered. but outright laughed?

6:23 PM

 
Blogger loca said...

i was saying it tongue and cheek...and you don't have to pretend like it's a secret who said it. :)

7:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home