Wednesday, January 24, 2007

So, I told one Erin Palmer that I was going to make a list of my top whatever movies and post them on my blog. I told her this on Sunday. Then I didn't do it. But anyways, here, a bit belatedly, and after my bedtime as well, is the list.

Also, Jane, for your information, I made a New Year's Resolution not to watch any movies or TV for a solid year. So my statement of "I no longer watch TV" is accurate.

1. Dazed and Confused

Normally when I tell people that this is my favorite movie, they kind of give me a funny look, or laugh as if I was joking, or some such reaction. But it is not a joke, nor do I feel that I deserve a funny look. This is quite simply, the best movie ever made.

Or more accurately, the movie I like to watch the most. Which is the same thing. Why do I like it? I should first state that the reason I like it has nothing to do with drugs. Nor do I find that the movie has anything to do with drugs, or is some way an endorsement of drugs. Here is why I like this movie...

A. Complex characters, interacting in complex ways
B. The natural interactions between the actors
C. The completely authentic feel of the movie
D. The overall atmosphere
E. The utter lack of a plot (It is not necessary)

But most of all, I like it because it reminds me of heaven. I think heaven will be like this movie. I have always viewed heaven as a gathering place of my dearest friends.

I also always lose it whenever Wooderson says anything at all.

2. Wet Hot American Summer

The funniest movie ever made.

That being said, I also watched it before I was really a Christian. It is the funniest movie, but I no longer endorse watching it.

3. The Godfather

I remember one time I started to watch this movie with David and Adrienne before going to see some other movie in the theaters. This was a mistake. It makes most other movies look like children's books.

Every motion, every line, every bit of scenery, every shading is perfect. The plot is brilliant, and the characterizations complex. Every word makes you shiver.

More to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Juanis Chanis said...

geez louise. you are so funny. i guess we will have to play cards now when we hang out, instead of watching movies.
Also--good choices on the movies. Every time someone mentions the word journal, I still think "gurnal" and snicker to myself.

8:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home