Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dialogue at Von's

Me: I'd like to buy some stamps.

Her: How many do you want?

Me: 20.

Her: Well, we sell them in books. Do you want 20 books?

Me: No, I just want 20 stamps. I think a book has 20 stamps in it.

Her: Well, let me see.

[Five minutes of her trying to get the stamps out of the cash register. Customers behind me getting impatient.]

Her: (counting out loud)

Her: Actually there's 21 stamps in a book. 20 regular stamps and one big one.

Me: (incredulous) Uh, that will be fine.

For reference, a picture of the book of stamps.

7 Comments:

Blogger loca said...

lol

6:01 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

laughing....and still laughing.

You better save that big one for a big package.

7:02 PM

 
Blogger Mikey said...

Classic.

2:07 PM

 
Blogger robin said...

priceless.

well, technically $8.80.

5:32 PM

 
Blogger TL said...

i think the big one works too.

5:53 PM

 
Blogger Juanis Chanis said...

send the big one to me on a letter please

2:52 PM

 
Blogger Mark(os) said...

nice that's great. I feel that way sometimes at work

4:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home