Friday, January 26, 2007

Hmmm...I think I am on number 4.

4. Sense and Sensibility

For all the reasons Jane mentioned, plus the delight of seeing Seigfried, the moment when Emma Thompson reveals herself to her sister, the moment when Hugh Grant announces that he's not married after all, and of course, the understated nature of the drama in general.

Funny how the worst of her books made the best movie. Not that the book is bad by any other standard except in comparison to Emma.

5. Notting Hill

I guess the subtext for this post would be chick-y movies I like.

But this is one of my favorites. Here is why...

A. The different reactions to Anna Scott when she comes over for dinner.
B. The joke about either seeing Ringo Starr or Topol from a distance.
C. Also the scene where they simply talk about their lives, also from the dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home