Saturday, March 31, 2007

No Time to Write

so I'll just post a poem. Pathetic.

Just Kidding!

Looking forward to Easter. I have a test Friday, and I have to cover a shift for the person who covered my Thursday night shift so I could hang out with Ann and the SDSU Navs. It was so much fun. Here is funny story...

On Friday, my friend Daniel De La Huerta and I were studying together (Bible) in the University of Arizona library. Now the Arizona library connects through an underground tunnel to the Integrated Learning Center. This is featured prominently on the Arizona Ambassador's Tour that prospective students take. The tour actually passes right by where Danny and I were studying.

Down in the Lab, there are these study rooms that are completely enclosed in glass, and have network hubs, dry erase boards, markers, and other helpful things for group meetings, that kind of thing. Fridays are busy days for the tours, and a large group of students and parents would pass by about every ten minutes. We noticed that each time they walked by our glass enclosed study room, the tour guide would make a gesture towards us and everyone would turn and look. It was probably something like, "Here are students utilizing one of our great group study rooms, etc."

Now, as often happens, a funny thought occurred to me. I had an image of us jumping around like monkeys, and the tour guide saying something like "Here are some of our favorite students, the monkey students." Ordinarily, I might have chuckled, and gone back to my work. But Danny was there with me, and I had to tell him about it. Also, I figured, he would be the one guy who would actually be willing to do it with me.

He laughed alright. We immediately came up with several other ideas. What if we got into a fight? What if we were practicing opera? What if we both fell off our chairs?

We went back to our Bibles. Several minutes later, another group walks by, and I look at Danny. He grins. We immediately grab everything we can find and start tossing it into the air, jumping around on the tables and chairs, and making loud monkey noises.

The parents and students looked completely confused, then some started to smile.

4 Comments:

Blogger Juanis Chanis said...

that's hilarious! also. you obviously don't appreciate good literature.

11:59 PM

 
Blogger Eric Cepin said...

Nice to see you at church - your blog is . . . addicting - dogs - monkeys. thxs for sharing your life . .

eric

9:17 PM

 
Blogger Marco Aurelio said...

I read this on the quiet floor of the library and got some wierd looks when I started laughing. Thats pretty funny.

9:33 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

oh you two...lol

5:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home