Thursday, March 08, 2007

TGIF

Never go to TGIF, ever. Crappy, crappy food, annoying service, horrible ambience. It is a piece of junk. I went there for happy hour and got the Buffalo wings. Worst meal ever. And it was expensive, even with the discount.

I hate those ugly places. Food should be individualized. I think I'll never go to another restaurant which exists in more then one copy. I mean restaurant mind you, not general food place. No more going to crappy, over-priced, un-fun sit-down restaurants with pathetically peppy servers and a bunch of random stuff on the walls.

I am listening to Dmitri Shostakovitch's Third Symphony right now, based on a mass killing of Jews during WWII by a group of Russian soldiers. Of course it is post-Stalin.

It corresponds nicely with the book I am reading, another gift of my sister. It is called "Europe Central," and it won the 2005 National Book Award. More or less, it is a massive collection of inter-connected short stories, envisioned as a coherant whole. The stories all deal with the Communist Russia and Nazi Germany.

I love it so far.

2 Comments:

Blogger Juanis Chanis said...

i totally agree! i don't trust restaurants that come in more than one iteration, particularly when they pretend to have individual identity. the worst are the higher end ones--at least with fast food places, they aren't trying to be something they aren't.

9:10 AM

 
Blogger Marco Aurelio said...

I just recently had a great meal at Applebee's, in general I guess I kind of agree although not completely.

5:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home