Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Recent Events (for the fam)

Events of the last few days--

Travelled to San Diego for the annual winter conference for the Navigators. Highlights
-Playing in the worship band with my good friend Tim Lin, who also leads worship here in Tucson
-Feeling confirmed in my decision to go on Edgecorp. Of course, I haven't finished the application, and it's due tomorrow.
-Workshop with Joe Maschoff
-Catching up with Ann Pauloski, among others
-Good conversation on the trip up and the trip back
Anti-highlights
-Cracker Barrel on the way home causing me to spend the night throwing up
-Weak coffee
-A less then inspiring speaker, who relied heavily on video clips.
Highlight
-No one complained about him, the entire weekend! Navigators is really an inspiring group.

Had a test in my ultra-hard chemistry test, which I somehow managed to do not so bad on. I also got a 94 on the last homework. This is more or less equivalent to a third-grader passing a high school Calculus test. I am pretty pumped.

Been a watching a Shining Path propaganda film in Spanish class. You know, the one that admits that they committed some atrocities, but leaves the really bad stuff for the army to do. I would have more patience with this if I hadn't just read that book on Mao that Jane gave me (Shining Path was the first truly Maoist communist organization). The Spanish department is really ridiculous, especially since the film had sub-titles!

Uhhh...I think that's it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Juanis Chanis said...

steven, the title should show up on the compose page. if not, then go to settings, then formatting (at the top), and select yes where it says show title field.
also. sounds like a fun weekend. and shining path is one of the worst guerrilla organizations in the world. but i love their name--el sendero luminoso. i would name something that, just to redeem the name.

8:19 PM

 
Blogger Steven said...

How about your first born? Or better yet, your first dog?

9:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home