Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I am listening to John Adams.

Who is supposedly a minimalist. What a ridiculous categorization!

So, here goes some more movies I like...

6. In the Bedroom

A. Tom Wilkinson is so good. It almost hurts to watch the people act in this movie, because they are so stunningly perfect.

B. The moment when the veil is lifted, and the two start blaming each other for the death of their son.

C. The look on the guys face after he shoots the kid, sitting at the table, the gun in front of him.

This is one of the most underrated movies I know of. Nobody has even seen it. When I say I like it, most people give me a strange look (along with Wet Hot American Summer, it has a misleading title). But it is a study of grief, one of the most profound ever made. It is the difference between entertainment and art.

7. The Godfather Part II

Details. Moments. Characters you say more with their motions then they do with their words.

Again, some moments I love...

A. When Michael suddenly bursts out "My home! The place where my children sleep!"
B. "I know it was you Fredo, and you've broken my heart!"
C. The dismay in Michael's eyes when he sees what he's done to his wife

Ok, enough for today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Juanis Chanis said...

I've seen In the Bedroom. I used it for a presentation in college because it's based on a short story by Andre Dubus (who I would definitely recommend). I would call the movie finely tuned.

12:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home