Friday, July 27, 2007

On the Genius of Sufjan Stevens

1. I cannot stop listening to him.

2. He is an alum of the Interlochen Arts Academy. So that's pretty cool--we have the same alma mater.

3. Each one of his albums is brilliant! I can't believe it.

4. Palisades ranks in my mind as not only the greatest songs ever written, but perhaps one of the truly great musical achievements of our time. Listen to it again, and listen to it carefully. Note the shades of Steve Reich, John Adams, and Bela Bartok.

5. And he is really weird. Seriously, you should watch some youtube clips of his interviews or concerts.

(oh, by the way i have a girlfriend now)

5 Comments:

Blogger Juanis Chanis said...

i adore sufjan...

8:49 PM

 
Blogger Sandy said...

sufjan is my hero.

by the way, who is this girl you are dating?

8:05 AM

 
Blogger sonrisa said...

Just a little line in paranthasees to tell us the amazing news, eh!?!!??
Congrats to you both.

5:50 PM

 
Blogger Mamita Betsy said...

wow, amazing...I mean Caitlin, not Sufjan, whoever that is :)

10:14 PM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

First, I dont' really understand Sufjan... Maybe I need to listen to him more. Second, I love it how on the 26th you were going on a blogging hiatus, and how this post came on the 27th. Third, congrats! That's pretty exciting news. Can't wait to see you in a week.

P.S. how's the fundraising going?

12:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home