Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Throw your hands in the air!

Which is of course what you are constantly told to do at rap concerts.

I saw Talib Kweli last night, and it was awesome. No doubt.

But the opening bands were terrible. Tell me, if you had to pick an opening band for a hardcore, political mc from Brooklyn, which would you pick:

A. A crappy emo band that no one has ever heard of
B. A two-hit wonder from about five years ago that plays pop-punk
C. A sweet up and coming hip-hop act

The answer is obviously C. But the first two bands were completely unrelated to Talib. And they were terrible.

But Kweli was pretty baller. The guy has some flow and his beats is done by Hi-Tek, who knows what he's doing. I enjoyed it heartily, especially since there was a white dude standing next to me who had no rhythm but could sing every line of every song.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marco Aurelio said...

Thats cool. Yeah a lot of times opening bands just aren't that great. Every once in a while though you get a concert where even the openers are good. Hooray for white people who have no rhthym (<---I had trouble spelling that and I'm not sure why. You would think I would know how to spell it)

8:52 PM

 
Blogger Bentley said...

who was band 2?
-adrienne

11:44 PM

 
Blogger Steven said...

yeah, you actually don't know how to spell rhythm. But that's cool, I still love you.

11:54 PM

 
Blogger Steven said...

Oh, it was a band called sugarcult.

11:54 PM

 
Blogger Juanis Chanis said...

i'm so jealous...

6:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home