Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hello dear readers!

I write from my desk here at the MulletHouse, as per my usual habit. I thought I would list for you some facts about my life...

1. I recently watched the first season of Heroes, and decided that it was far superior to Lost, even though for a long time I passionately denied that it was any good. Then I watched it. Less pretentious, more human, less of a penchant for answering questions with more questions.

2. I just got back from a trip to Mexico in which I slept in a tent with my buddy Pat. I believe I snored, but Pat didn't care. In fact, in the middle of the night, one of the car alarms went off about five feet from our tent. It was so loud that I feared for my hearing! But Pat slept through it. So I guess my snoring was not a big issue for him.

3. When I was in Baltimore, circumstances required Dustin, Lori, Caitlin and I to all sleep in the same room. Before you are shocked, dear ones, remember that we gave them the pull out couch and Smush and I slept in the floor by the kitchen. I was the first to fall asleep, and imagine my chagrin when I discovered in the morning that my snoring had prevented both Caitlin and Dustin from sleeping. In fact, Caitlin had dragged a sleeping bag to the bathroom and turned on the fan!

4. Let it be known that this fact did not influence her decision to break up with me.

5. Let it also be known that Lori shared this story with her parents. Several days later, her dad managed to bring it up in front of a large group of people, one of whom included Jerry Bridges.

6. I look forward every year to Christmas blend. Is that weird? I feel like it may be. But every year I get excited for it. I will literally drive to a different Starbucks if one is out of it.

7. It is time for family dinner, so I had better wrap it up! Thanks for reading, and check back soon for more updates!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bentley said...

I too enjoy Christmas blend. In fact, in a suprising coup for the the Starbucks corporation, I actually identify it's taste with Christmas. It is what a good winter brew should be.

5:37 PM

 
Blogger Marco Aurelio said...

you know...i get it free and mom already has a pound of decaf coffee

8:40 PM

 
Blogger Marco Aurelio said...

just to clarify: decaf cristmas blend. besides that she's got about three other coffees

8:46 PM

 
Blogger Krista said...

Ooooh, not such a great impression to make with JB, huh?

Just for the record, your snoring is infamous within U of A Navs. I feel for you, friend.

And, the taste I identify with Christmas is Starbuck's Peppermint mocha. I know you can get it year round, but there's something about getting the red sprinkles that makes it a Christmas thing for me. I decided to have one a few weeks ago...bad idea. It made me long for Christmas so deeply that it was painful to realize I still had to get through Halloween, the National Conference, the Road Rally and Thanksgiving before I could really celebrate the Christmas season. Three down, one to go.

8:55 PM

 
Blogger Mamita Betsy said...

I didn't realize you snored! You didn't used to, in fact you would fall asleep and never move, nor make a peep.

7:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home