Friday, January 04, 2008

Be Transformed By the Renewing of Your Minds

The long awaited endorsement from Steven Crawford for the 2008 Republican Primary...

John McCain

for the 2008 Democratic Primary...

Hilary Clinton

Question: Have you ever heard Jim Wallis talk? The guy hides his left-wing agenda in Christian language that would make Gdub blush. His exegesis is pretty questionable for the most part.

But still, that bumper sticker they got...God is not a Republican or a Democrat is pretty accurate. The idea, however, that Jesus would vote for anyone who advocates the killing of children, such as all the major Democratic candidates and several of the Republican candidates, is pretty questionable.

Russian is an interesting language. Studying for my summer trip there.

How many of you guys have read Elisabeth Eliot? I have been reading several of her books lately, and they are pretty amazing. She has this perspective on authority that is very Biblical, but that you don't hear very often.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

I read "Passion and Purity" by Elisabeth Elliot just last semeseter. I thought it was very good. My only criticisms were that 1)I've seen couples have very God-honoring relationships that didn't look a thing like theirs, when the whole book sounded like she was saying "this is the ONLY way to do it" and 2) Elisabeth and Jim were in a long distance relationship for 5 years before their marriage because Jim was serving overseas to unreached indian tribes, and both of them just seemed to have this ugly "dangit. God's called me to go reached lost people when I just want to get married. Dangit! we're such martyrs!" attitude. But maybe that's just reading from her perspective. I know he was killed while serving them and all, and she went to them afterwards, so they probably actually loved those people...

hey, you should get a Russian language partner :D

8:20 AM

 
Blogger Bentley said...

go Ron Paul

6:32 AM

 
Blogger Caro Bella said...

well now, no i haven't

4:14 PM

 
Blogger Mamita Betsy said...

I've just read her biographies of her husband. When I was in college (at this point my Mexican friends would break out in a high pitched tone "ooooooo!", meaning, a long time ago), I read Walter Trobisch's books about relationships--I remember them being very good, probably timeless (based on his experiences in Africa).

7:09 PM

 
Blogger Juanis Chanis said...

john mccain and hillary? geez.

5:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home