Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Some thoughts from when I was praying today

1. Why wouldn't I ask God that the guys I meet with should be not just followers of God, but passionate followers of God? If passionate followers of God, why not zealous in prayer and the Word? And if zealous in prayer and the Word, why not hungry for the nations to know him? And if hungry for the nations to know him, why not eager for his return?

2. Our prayers are limited by two things, one positive and one negative. The positive limitation is God's will. We are not to pray outside of it as revealed to us in the Scriptures. The negative limitation is our own faith, or my own confidence in God's power. As that grows, the scope of my prayers grows.

3. Do we limit God's power? Do we decided what God can and cannot do? Surely only God can decide what he will and will not do! It is God's desire that his church be zealous. Let me pray then for zeal for the men I meet with! It is God's desire that the nations become our possession. Let me pray for such a vision as well in the men I meet with! It is God's will that we should be sanctified. Let me pray for holiness in the men I meet with!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

cool prayers

10:43 AM

 
Blogger Marco Aurelio said...

nicely put

2:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home