Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Some asides from Skip Grey

On prophecy:

Most pastors try to make people feel good. I try to piss them off.


On family life:

We had a very normal home. We drank whiskey and played poker.

On his ministry philosophy:

Golf in the spring, fish in the summer, hunt in the fall, ski in the winter, preach the gospel in the offseason.

On demographics and child-rearing:

One out of every four children born today is Chinese. That's why Buzzie and I stopped at three. We don't speak Chinese.

On hearing loss:

A woman had ten children in ten years, then stopped. A few months later, she ran into her doctor at the store. He asked her why he hadn't seen her in so long.

"Well, you see, I got a hearing aid."

"I don't see what difference that makes," the doctor replied, a bit confused.

"It's like this," explained the woman. "When my husband and I got in bed, he would turn to me and say 'Do you want to go to sleep or what?' and I would say 'What?'"

----------------------

The great Skip Grey, master of the one-liner and the semi-inappropriate joke.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

LOL!!

(seriously!)

5:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home